Search This Blog

Posts

Posts

Thursday 18 June 2015

Maggi So Juicy Roasting Bag Chicken


I thought I’d have a bit of an experiment with dinner last night. Wednesday is my Body Pump class and it’s always such a rush getting in, bathed and then getting dinner ready. I’ve seen the adverts for the Maggi So Juicy roasting bags and looked them up on the Slimming World App. The Rosemary and Garlic ones are 5 ½ Syns each. 

They say they are for a small chicken but I’d bought a large one. Deciding that if it was roasting in a bag it wouldn’t need its skin on I removed the skin along with the wings, as no one eats them in our house anyway. I also removed the little bits on the end of the legs and it fitted into the bag no problem. I added a lemon chopped into quarters to the cavity and sprinkled over the seasoning. I then chopped my salad and part roasted some Slimming World Chips all ready to finish cooking when I got in. The chicken went in the oven just before I left for Body Pump and when I got home before I jumped in the bath I popped the chips back in. 

I have to say I was super impressed with the results. The chicken was in fact “So Juicy” and perfectly cooked. The flavour was lovely, and I reckon I’ll get at least 5 portions from the whole thing so 1 and a smidge Syns per portion.













No comments:

Post a Comment